In this article, we will show you how you can replace a sky.
You can find the instructions for the following software versions:
inPixio Photo Studio 12
- On the home screen choose the mode Replace Sky.
- Choose the image you want to edit.
- The AI will automatically detect the sky in your photo. You can choose a new sky from the three sections - Blue, Sunset, and Stormy.
- You can also add your own photo of the sky. Open the section My Skies and click on the plus icon. A Browse window will open allowing you to choose an image from your PC.
- You can open the Adjustments tab -> Sky section to adjust the temperature, exposure, and scale.
- Here you can also change the symmetry of the sky and foreground color adaptation setting.
- If you want to adjust the skyline you can open the Adjustments tab-> choose Selection -> and switch on Edit Selection.
- You will see the split-screen open. The original copy of the image with the markings will be on the left. On the right side, you will see the resulting photo.
- Here you can choose between 3 options. You can choose to define the foreground, sky, or edge. The foreground is marked with green color, the sky is red, and the edge is yellow.
- Select the brush size and make the needed adjustments to the photo.
- For example, we can remove the tree in the corner by covering it with the sky.
- Open the Edge section to change the Smoothing and Contrast settings.
- Click on the Save button in the top panel when you are done to save the modifications.
inPixio Photo Studio 11
- Upload your photo into inPixio Photo Studio and open the Sky module.
- Choose either manual or automatic replacement.
- When using manual replacement click on the Background to Erase tool.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag your cursor over the parts of the image that you want to remove.
You will see the preview window open. On the left, you will see the original copy of the image. On the right side, you will see the result.
- Choose a brush size from the options and start removing the sky with the brush tool.
- You can select from a range of tools available whichever is easier for you to use.
- If you accidentally paint over the foreground, select the Subject to keep tool to adjust it.
- Click on the Enhance edges tool on the right panel to change the Edge smoothing and Contrast settings or manually improve the edges.
- Once you are happy with the result open the Sky section on the right panel.
- Choose the sky you prefer from the list and click on it to apply it.
- Click on the Add button to add your own sky photo.
Open the Adjustments section to adapt your image to the new background.
- Temperature adjusts the warmth or coolness of light of the image.
- Exposure adjusts the overall brightness or darkness of the image.
- Scale adjusts the scale of the sky by zooming in/out.
- Top/Bottom allows choosing which part of the sky you want to keep.
- Left/Right allows choosing which part of the sky you want to keep.
- Flip Horizontal changes the symmetry of the sky.
- Color Adaptation adapts the foreground color to the selected sky.
- Click on Save a Copy when you are done to save the modifications.