Whether you’re selling on third party sites like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy, or you’ve got your very own website to showcase your goods, one of the best ways you can make your products more appealing is simple – use a background remover to present them on a pure white background.
In fact, experts agree that this formula for product photography increases click-through rates boosts conversions, and improves your brand’s image. inPixio Photo Studio allows you to remove distracting backgrounds in your product photography, all in a matter of minutes! In other words, it’s much simpler than you think to achieve pure white or transparent backgrounds, making you look like an eCommerce superstar.
You can find the instructions for the following software versions:
inPixio Photo Studio 12
- On the home screen choose the Remove Background mode.
- Choose the image you want to edit. The background will be removed automatically.
- If you want to adjust the cutout, open the Adjustments section -> Selection -> click on the Edit Selection switch.
- You will see the split-screen open. The original copy of the image with the markings will be on the left. On the right side, you will see the part of the cutout result.
- Here you can choose between 3 options. You can choose to define the foreground, background, or edge. The foreground is marked with green color, the background is red, and the edge is yellow.
- Select the brush size and make the needed adjustments to the photo.
- Open the Edge section to change the Smoothing and Contrast settings.
- Click on the Save button in the top panel. The image will be saved as a PNG file with a transparent background.
inPixio Photo Studio 11
- Upload your photo into inPixio Photo Studio, open Photomontage mode, and select the Cut-Out tool.
- A Browse window will open. Select the image you want to edit once again.
- Select the Background to erase option. Place a mark in the area of the background you wish to remove with a simple click. A single paintbrush stroke will automatically define the rest of the background to be removed. To add another part to remove, mark it again.
- You will see the preview window open. On the left, you will see the original copy of the image. On the right side, you will see the resulting cutout.
- Choose a brush size from the options, and carefully start removing your product's background with the brush tool.
You may need to adjust your brush size depending on where you're working. It helps to start with a larger brush to remove the majority of the background, then change to a smaller brush size to come back for detailed work around the edges of the product.
- Minimize the brush size and zoom in to your photo. Here’s where we’ll get really detailed. Carefully paint around the edges of your product. If you accidentally start to paint over your product, select the Subject to keep tool to adjust it.
- Click on the Enhance edges tool on the right panel to change the Edge smoothing and Contrast settings or manually improve the edges of your cutout.
- After you’ve removed the background and are ready to save, click on Save and add to the library. The image will be automatically saved as a PNG file with a transparent background to the source folder.
- You also will see it in the list of your cut-out images in the Photomontage mode.