Organizing your images is easy with inPixio Photo Studio 11. Find out how to add tags and metadata to photos and how to filter your images to quickly find what you’re looking for:
Adding metadata to your photos
You can add all kinds of details to your photos using the Metadata feature.
For example, title, location information, copyright information, and specific tags.
This makes it easier to categorize your photos and record important details.
- Click the Metadata tab in the right-hand panel.
Types of metadata
The metadata options are divided into 4 types, represented by mini tabs. Click a tab to open the options.
- Image data (including EXIF data) for example, headline, description, and image rating.
- Contact information such as an address, email, and website.
- Location information including GPS coordinates.
- Keywords that you can use to add your own tags to an image.
Tip: you can easily tell which images have metadata as they contain tag icons in the filmstrip thumbnail display.
Using the filmstrip to filter images
The filmstrip makes it possible to navigate through your folders from inside the program. It also includes several options for filtering your images to help you find what you’re looking for.
The filter button lets you sort your images by different criteria such as date, tags, and other metadata.
- Click the filter button at the top right-hand side of the filmstrip.
- In the Filter by menu, click the funnel icon and choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, click the stars to filter by image rating.
- You can also organize your photos alphabetically by clicking the AZ icon in the filmstrip.