This message occurs when there is corruption with the MSI installation file. When this error pops up, installation nor uninstallation of the inPixio software is possible.
1. Right-click the inPixio installer file and select Properties. If the file is shown as being blocked, you will first need to unblock it and then select apply.
2. Next navigate to Digital Signatures. Click on the signature and then select Details.
3. Select the View Certificate option.
If Windows is having issues verifying the certificate, you will see the below message: "The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed". Select Install Certificate.
4. Select Local Machine and then click on Next.
5. Select Place all certificates in the following store and then click on Browse.
Highlight Trusted Root Certification Authorities and then click on OK and Next.
6. Select Finish and when prompted with 'The import was successful' click on OK.
7. Close the currently opened properties windows that are open.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 3. Under Countersignatures click on a countersignature and then select Details.
9. Select View Certificate.
10. Select Install Certificate.
11. Select Local Machine and then click on Next.
12. Select Place all certificates in the following store and then click on Browse. Select the Trusted Publishers option, click OK, and then Next.
13. Select Finish and when prompted with 'The import was successful' click on OK.
14. You can now close the windows and run the installer as admin.
As an alternative fix:
- Use Microsoft Fix It utility from the following link to force remove the inPixio software https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
- Reboot the computer after the Fix It utility completes.
- Attempt to reinstall the inPixio software by following the link from your purchase confirmation.
If the issue persists, please contact our Technical support directly.
You can send us a message by clicking on Contact us on our main support page.
*You will need to enter your email address. A security code will be sent to you. Enter the code and click on Validate. You will then be able to open a request.