This article will cover how you can remove the red-eye effect from your photos.
You can find the instructions for the following software versions:
inPixio Photo Studio 12
This version of inPixio Photo Studio does not have a built-in red-eye correction feature. As a workaround, you can use such tools as erase and clone tools.
- On the home screen choose the Erase Objects mode.
- Choose the image you want to edit.
- Click on the arrow to expand the menu.
- Click the switch to turn off the Auto-Detection feature.
- Set the needed brush size.
- Mark the red-eye areas you want to remove.
If you don't get the desired result using the Erase tool, you can use the Clone tool to correct the red eyes.
- Open the More Tools section.
- Choose the Clone Tool.
- Using the Clone tool you can replace the red parts of the eye with another part of the photo. Click here for a tutorial on how to use the Clone tool.
inPixio Photo Studio 11
- Open the photo you want to edit in the inPixio Photo Studio.
- Click on the Correction Section and choose the Red Eye Correction tool.
The Red Eye Correction tool can detect and remove red eyes automatically.
If the tool didn't detect any red eyes, you can mark them manually.
- Click and drag the mouse cursor over the red eye area to draw a circle around it.
- You can then reposition the circle by moving it around and change its size by dragging the black circles.
- Once you've marked all areas you want to correct, click the Red Eye Correction section again to close it.
- Click the Save icon to save the result to your PC.
If you have not purchased inPixio yet, you can do so here.